I showed my work to the review panel.
I have made a painting this month before a painting review panel. The panel loved my presentation (even thought I wasn’t prepared for it) and it was refreshing. It was the most passionate of all the presenters. The audience liked my presentation as well.
They loved my drawings but they told me to work in the comic book industry!?!?! It doesn’t make any sense at all.
They didn’t really comment on my painting style at all which was strange.
I think that the panel were looking for something more modern. Although to be fair, I was the only painter presenting as the other presenters were photographers. It was a mixture of painting and photography. I wasn’t aware until the last lecturer that I was the only painter that presented. It was strange.
What they did say was that my paintings tell a story like an illustration. It’s strange that my college also said that my paintings are more illustrative then paintings as such.
One of the panel suggested that I should be a visual storyteller with the paintings as a visual background. They said that I explained the paintings so well in the presentation.
They said I should improve on my order of images. I agree that it needed some order and flow. That was my fault about the order of the slides.
Oh well. When my parents heard the news, they weren’t too happy about the result and told me to continue painting.
These are the images that I showed to the panel.
1. Hawaiian Face – Acrylics
2. Dahlia – Oils
3. Maori Statue (New Zealand) – Acrylics
4. Peacock – Acrylics
5. Small Fuchsia – acrylics
6. Work in competition Leaflet – National Autistic Society
7. Scratching Hand (competition submission) – Watercolour and Pen
8. Dark Rose – Acrylics
9. Dahlia – acrylics
10. Ganesha sitting – Watercolours and Pen
11. Ganesha standing – Watercolours and Pen
12. Modern take on Orchid – acrylics
13. Sunrise – acrylics
14. Tara – Watercolours and Pen
15. Lamp Plants – Watercolours
16. Sister Kolem – Mixed Media (click on Artwork photo for more details)
17. Close up sister Kolem – Mixed Media (click on Artwork photo for more details)
18. Angry Eye – Watercolour and Pen
What do you think of the work. Please comment on it.
PS: Look at the post above